For over 30 years, creative thinking and opportunity has been the driving force behind Mustang’s tremendous growth and continued success. Since the very beginning, back in 1975, Mustang has keenly focused on anticipating, identifying and following the key industrial market trends that shape its businesses. Predicting and reacting to constant changes in government regulations, safety and emissions standards, technological advancements and the ever-present desire for increased performance is not an easy business, but it is precisely what has propelled Mustang to become a global leader in the development and delivery of today’s most sophisticated dynamometer technologies and advanced engineering capabilities. Starting from humble beginnings as an importer of electromagnetic braking mechanisms, Mustang has steadily grown over the years, adding capabilities and product lines year after year to get where it stands today – as one of the world’s premiere manufacturers of automotive, industrial and aerospace testing systems and a leader in dynamometers and testing technologies. Much more than the typical dynamometer manufacturer, Mustang has slowly and steadily grown into a highly-diversified, technology-based engineering firm with world-class design, manufacturing, software and controls, and integration capabilities that position Mustang as a very unique supplier to the industry. In addition to a team of experienced software engineers, mechanical engineers, and electrical engineers who develop all of the company’s products and systems in-house, Mustang’s versatility and speed are its best strengths. A relatively small, privately-owned company, Mustang has the ability to react quickly to customer demands and the ever-present changes in market conditions. Located in Twinsburg, Ohio, Mustang is organized into two companies according to the markets they serve and the products they offer.
MD – Mustang Dynamometer
Mustang Dynamometer is the “original” Mustang company and currently offers the company’s off-the-shelf eddy current chassis dynamometers for rear-wheel-drive, front-wheel-drive, all-wheel-drive and motorcycle/ATV applications. Mustang Dynamometer offers a complete line-up of systems, ranging in roll diameter from 8.75-inches to 50-inches, with horsepower measurement capabilities of up to 3,000+ horsepower. Mustang Dynamometer also produces a range of eddy current engine dynamometer systems and a complete line-up of dynamometer hardware, software, and accessories. Mustang Dynamometer also offers a number of software packages including PowerDyne, our standard dyne control and data acquisition package, a complete virtual drag-racing simulator package called DragSim and a variety of custom systems for very specialized applications. Mustang Dynamometer has experienced substantial growth over the past 10 years and has positioned itself as the leading dynamometer company in the performance aftermarket.
MAE – Mustang Advanced Engineering
Mustang Advanced Engineering is a unique company whose expertise in the design and construction of custom test benches rivals just about any other company in the world. While custom chassis dynamometer systems have always been a large part of its core business, MAE has added a wide variety of products and has gained industry-leading expertise in nearly all types of dynamometer test benches including AC and eddy current engine dynamometer systems, transmission test benches, tow dynamometers and custom test benches of all types and sizes. The current MAE product range includes engine test cells, transmission test cells, custom chassis dynamometers, production and in-process test systems, containerized test cells and complete powertrain test cells up to and including truly colossal 8×8 chassis dynamometer systems. MAE is fortunate to possess very sophisticated engineering capabilities and talents that have developed over many years of doing business in the automotive, industrial and aerospace industries. While some of the engineering MAE does for clients is done on a consulting basis, most of what MAE truly does best is the design and construction of custom, turn-key test systems. As a result, MAE has positioned itself as the supplier of choice when it comes to most types of custom dynamometers and test benches.
Focus On The Future
Both Mustang Dynamometer and Mustang Advanced Engineering continue to keep an eye to the future and a focus on anticipating, identifying and following the key market trends that shape their businesses. Mustang Dynamometer will continue to develop, expand and refine its line-up of standard dynamometer products and work to respond quickly to the shifts and changes in the high-performance aftermarket and government regulated emission programs worldwide. Mustang Advanced Engineering will continue to focus its attention on the growing needs for advanced hybrid and electric vehicle development solutions, wind turbine gearbox testing, military vehicle development test stands and advanced testing and simulation systems for tomorrow’s future technologies.
Our mission is to achieve the highest possible level of customer satisfaction by providing innovative technical solutions and product designs and by striving to achieve perfection in product quality, delivery and service. At Mustang, our customers are our highest priority – We do everything in our power to satisfy our customers. Our entire organization understands that the customer comes first and nothing else is more important. Our goal is to help our customers gain market share and competitive advantage by supplying world-class products, cutting-edge technology and superior services through our dedication to the following guiding principles:
- Hiring only highly qualified people and developing core competencies.
- Using enhanced technology and systematically improved equipment to achieve technological expertise.
- Making sound business decisions based on facts. Listening carefully to our customers to understand their needs.
- Utilizing superior quality operating systems in all areas of our business.
- Continuously improving by pursuing constructive change and the ability to adapt.
- Supplying our customers with superior products, testing capabilities and integrated services.
- Providing custom-designed solutions to our customers, and responding rapidly and effectively to their unique problems.
- Helping our customers achieve their goals faster and more efficiently than our competitors.
Mustang takes pride in being an organization that values and respects people above everything else. We value the people that make up our strong team of employees, the people that make up our loyal customer base and the people who we consider to be our friends – our partners and suppliers. Without these people, Mustang would not be possible.
- We strive to achieve personal excellence, work as a team, communicate openly, honestly and with integrity and ensure our products are of excellent quality.
- We are dedicated to the concept of continuous improvement in all that we do.
- We hold ourselves, and those around us, to standards of ethical and moral performance that demand our best efforts.
As responsible corporate citizens:
- We strive to speak and behave with dignity, treat all people with respect, foster a safe and clean workplace and be innovative and technological leaders.
- We welcome disagreement in the effort to find the best answers.
- We understand that we represent corporate values. It is our dedication, imagination and perseverance that determine growth. We will aim high in both expectations and performance.
- We will respond resourcefully to customer requests and society’s fast-changing needs.
- We obey all laws and regulations, and frequently do more than what is legally required with regard to protecting the environment and the health and safety of our fellow employees and neighbors.
- We strive to eliminate injuries, reduce waste and emissions, and to promote resource conservation at every stage of the life cycle of our products. We report our progress and are responsive to the public.
- We do this by consistently complying with all state, provincial and federal legislation, and by following our Mustang Environmental Policy.