Mustang’s PowerDyne Software package, featuring our exclusive Virtual Inertia™ Technology, enables advanced high performance shops to simulate the scientific laws of mass and motion without leaving the safe confines of the shop environment. Mustang has engineered it’s software to recognize the inertial and aerodynamic characteristics of late model vehicles, thus eliminating the need to mimic drive cycles at the race track or on the highway. So regardless of the fixed inertia of the dynamometer, the PowerDyne Control Platform has the ability to adjust road-load in accordance with the characteristics of the vehicle under test.
With programs for diagnosis, performance, emissions, and timing, PowerDyne Software offers a level of user interface utility that simply cannot be found anywhere else. Designed cooperatively with clientele in the automotive after-market, the Windows-based software offers a battery of testing capabilities and future possibilities.
Advanced Performance Curve Capabilities
Mustang’s PowerDyne Software provides you with a number of test for performance testing and tuning. Using tests such as programmed force and programmed speed in conjunction with analog inputs gives you the ability to precisely tune a vehicle’s engine for optimum performance.
Elapsed Time Testing Under “Real World” Road Load
All of the timing tests available with the PowerDyne Software package use our patented Virtual Inertia™ Technology. The term “Virtual Inertia” means that dynamometer control software takes into consideration the test vehicle’s weight and aerodynamic characteristics to apply the exact loading to simulate actual “real world” driving conditions. So the result you see on the dynamometer are practically identical to the results you will see on the road or race track.
The Power and Flexibility Your Customers Demand
Just as important as providing accurate and reliable results is having them in an easy to read and interpretable format. Mustang’s PowerDyne Software provides a wide range of graphing functions, enabling you to perform the tests you need in a format that you are comfortable with. The software allows you to graph any number of output values you wish. In addition to graphing capabilities, all information collected during testing can be exported to other popular software programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel™) for further manipulation and data analysis.
The Most Powerful Diagnostic Tool at Any Price
Included in the PowerDyne Software package is a complete battery of tests for diagnosing vehicle performance and drivability problems. Diagnostic tests allow you to diagnose drivability complaints quickly and easily without ever leaving the shop. Set the dyne controller to vehicle simulation and hop in and drive the vehicle as if you were on the road. Shift through the gears, simulate an uphill grade or simulate towing a load. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Pre-configured Tests Included With PowerDyne Include:
- Manual Loading Test – This test allows the operator to apply a manually controlled load to the vehicle.
- Constant Force Test – This test allows the operator to apply a controlled constant force loading to the vehicle.
- Constant Speed Test – This test allows the operator to hold the vehicle’s speed at a constant value.
- Constant Horsepower Test – This test allows the operator to apply a constant power loading to the vehicle.
- Vehicle Simulation Test – This test allows the operator to apply a vehicle simulation loading to the vehicle.
- PRO Test – This test allows the operator to apply any of the loading modes described above, changing modes as desired.
- Speedometer Check Test – This test allows the operator to check the accuracy of the vehicle’s speedometer.
- Power Curve – This test allows the operator to perform a controlled sweep rate type power curve test on the vehicle.
- Programmed Force – This test allows the operator to apply a time-based force loading profile to the vehicle.
- Programmed Force Editor – This screen allows the operator to edit/create time-based force loading profiles.
- Programmed Speed – This test allows the operator to apply a time-based speed control to the vehicle.
- Programmed Speed Editor – This screen allows the operator to edit/create time-based speed control profiles.
- PRO Test Script – This test allows the operator to execute any stored PRO Test Script routine.
- PRO Test Script Editor – This utility allows the operator to edit/create scripts for the PRO Test Script routine.
Emissions Test Routines
- Quarter Mile Sprint – This test allows the operator to simulate a 1/4-mile sprint race with the vehicle.
- Standing Start Acceleration – This test allows the operator to simulate a 0-60 type standing start acceleration run with the vehicle.
- Passing Acceleration – This test allows the operator to simulate a 50-70 type passing acceleration run with the vehicle.
- 200 Yard Roll-On – This test allows the operator to simulate a 200-yard roll-on acceleration run with the vehicle.
- Drivers Trace (IM240/FTP/etc) – This test allows the operator to perform a (non-certified) IM-240/FTP/etc. type transient emissions test.
- ASM 50/15 – This test allows the operator to perform a (non-certified) ASM 50/15 type emissions test.
- ASM 25/25 – This test allows the operator to perform a (non-certified) ASM 25/25 type emissions test.
- Loaded Mode – This test allows the operator to perform a (non-certified) loaded mode type emissions test.
- Idle / 2500 RPM – This test allows the operator to perform a (non-certified) idle/2500 RPM type emissions test.
- Lug down – This test allows the operator to perform a (non-certified) diesel lug-down exhaust opacity test.
- Windows™ based operating system
- User configurable, multiple value main display
- Over 25 pre-configured test procedures including:
- Vehicle Simulation Power Curve Tests
- Elapsed Time Tests (1/4 Mile, 0-60)
- Emissions Testing Modes
- Torque and Speed Step Testing
- Fully Configurable Data Capture
- 0-5 Volt Analog Inputs
- Powerful Data Graphing Utilities
- Multiple Run Graph Overlay
- Full Database facility for storage/retrieval of test info
- Export Data to your favorite programs
- Customizable Test Reports with your Company Logo
Detailed User's Manual for Mustang Dynamometer's PowerDyne PC Software.